There are various reasons why you may want a block a site. A few of them could be:
- You find the content offensive.
- The site keeps popping up everytime you load a web page.
- Your kid uses your phone and you do not want him/her to access certain web pages.
However, from a security & privacy perspective, you should know that certain websites, when accessed, automatically download a ‘cookie’ onto your device. These are typically HTML Java Scripts that sit on your device and monitor your activity. This leads to:
- Privacy Issues - Unrestricted & Intrusive tracking, Monitoring your online activity, gathering your personal information and sending it to a 3rd party without your knowledge or consent.
- Security Issues - These cookies can instill Malware, Trojan & other viruses into your phone without your knowledge which may leak your personal information like credit card details, bank accounts etc.
- Performance -- These also reduce the performance of your device like slow page load & app performance, excessive data & battery consumption.
It is therefore recommended that you use the RM Protection to block unwanted websites/ Apps and protect your devices for any/all of the above.